[Imc-makerspace] Fwd: Would you Like to Join a league of Hackerspaces to race power wheels at Maker Faire: Detroit?

Brian Sheppard bshepp at gmail.com
Thu May 20 07:48:23 CDT 2010

What do you folks think?

I like it.

-Brian Sheppard

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jim Burke <burkedesign at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, May 20, 2010 at 12:38 AM
Subject: Would you Like to Join a league of Hackerspaces to race power
wheels at Maker Faire: Detroit?
To: bshepp at gmail.com

Hello!

My name is Jim Burke.  I'm a Director-at-Large of Pumping Station:One, a
hackerspace in Chicago, Illinois.

We are hosting an inter-hackerspace event called the Power Racing Series
(PPPRS) at Maker Faire: Detroit on July 31st and August 1st, 2010. This
event consists of hackerspaces from around North America heavily modifying
Power Wheels ride-on toys to compete in a series of events that include a
race, a soccer match, a tug-of-war, and a special surprise finale. Teams
will be asked to make their vehicles capable of achieving all these tasks. 1

 You can visit our website www.powerracingseries.org to read more
information about PPPRS, download our rules packet and to sign up.

Our 2010 Trailer <http://vimeo.com/11127046>
Magazine Article from Time Out:
Chicago<http://chicago.timeout.com/articles/museums-culture/84856/power-wheels-racing>
Make Online
<http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2010/03/power_wheels_racing_competition_at.html>

If you have any questions about PPPRS, please get in touch with me at
burkedesign at gmail.com.

Happy Hacking,
Jim Burke

believed to be clean.