[Imc-makerspace] [Imcamericorps] Bigger than I thought.

Kristina Williams kristinawho at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 12:16:45 CDT 2011

Makerfaire is April 15th, not May 15th. You should see if there is a service
frat/sorority that would like to help.

-Kristina

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 11:00 AM, leon mcgee
<leonmcgeeamericorps at gmail.com>wrote:

> So, I have just found out that Maker space is having there event on the
> 15th of May. surprising that even though I sent this to every list possible,
> I failed to be inform about this. Technology is not all that great. What
> happen to when we had to actually talk to each other face to face. For that
> matter what if satellites fell out the sky. I think the world would go
> bonkers if cell phones were no more. The world would scream out so loud that
> 2012 the movie would come true. lol. Seriously though, um, I am going to
> just hold out on this floor thing till summer. then there won't be so much
> going on at the IMC.
>
> Thanks
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 10:17 AM, leon mcgee <
> leonmcgeeamericorps at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I had the Idea that this re-waxing the main space floor would be a cake.
>> It's not. Not at all. It is going to be long, back breaking, boring and any
>> other negative statements I could make about this.
>>
>> I am going to One:
>>
>> Need more hands than just myself and a township volunteer.
>>
>> Two:
>>
>> There are a lot of things that will need moving out the way so I can make
>> sure that the entire floor gets touch.
>>
>> Third:
>>
>> Debating on whether the floor needs a stripping first then wax or just
>> deep clean and then re- wax the floors. If I strip, this might need two days
>> too do. But the floors would look really nice. Or just slap on another coat
>> of wax on top of the one that is starting to chip. This will only be a days
>> work. either way I would like to know if anyone would be willing to help.
>>
>> The date to do this(15th of may) is still ago. But if the stripping
>> becomes part of the *equation*, This whole floor thing might need to wait
>> until summer. Unless of course I can get a bunch of help.
>>
>> --
>> Building Coordinator
>> Leon McGee
>> 202 S Broadway
>> Urbana, IL 61801
>> Leonmcgeeamericorps at gmail.com
>>

> --
> Building Coordinator
> Leon McGee
> 202 S Broadway
> Urbana, IL 61801
> Leonmcgeeamericorps at gmail.com

Kristina Williams, News Media Coordinator
Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center <http://ucimc.org>
kristinawho[at]gmail[dot]com
202 S Broadway
Urbana, IL 61801