[Imc-makerspace] New Computer Help Desk session starting Sunday, May 15th

Brian Duggan bcduggan at ucimc.org
Thu Apr 21 16:33:09 CDT 2011

Hi all,

The Computer Help Desk crew would like to let you know about the end of
our Thursday night session and the beginning of a new Sunday session.

Beginning on Sunday, May 15th, volunteers for the Computer Help Desk
will help users from around town every Sunday in the Makerspace from 2pm
to 4pm.

Our Tuesday sessions from 3pm to 5pm are still active.

Consider this both your invitation to come to us for help, and to
volunteer to help others. No experience necessary. Tell your friends!

Also consider this your notification that Thursday sessions are no
longer active. Please don't bring your computer to the Help Desk on
Thursday nights anymore. Tell your friends :)

Since November 2009, the Computer Help Desk has helped UC computer users
stay up and running. We've helped over 200 users and saved many users
hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars in costly professional
repair fees. We support hardware and software; desktops, laptops, and
smartphones; home networking; viruses and updates; Windows, Mac, and Linux.

We've done all this with a core of dedicated volunteers, and we still
need to grow. If you would like to get involved in Help Desk
advertising, social media management, website building, documentation,
direct user support, fund raising, or grant writing, contact me or stop
by one of our sessions.

Our current sessions, again:

Tuesdays from 3pm to 5pm
Sundays from 2pm to 4pm (starting May 15th)

Many thanks to Makerspace Urbana, AmeriCorps, and the Independent Media
Center.

Control your computer. Don't let it control you.

Brian

--
Brian Duggan
Technical Projects Developer