[Imc-makerspace] Thursday Open Hours, 7 - 9pm

Brian Duggan bcdugga at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 16:58:28 CDT 2011

Thanks, Gergana!

Also, for new folks to our list, everyone is welcome to stop by and talk
mesh WiFi and what we're planning to do in Urbana-Champaign. You can
also cut your teeth getting a mesh node up and running.

We'll also be working on our Grand Global Hackerspace Challenge project:
the amazing, educational DuinoLab, an Arduino lab in your backpack.

Our regular mesh WiFi reading group will resume on Thursday, May 5th. In
the meantime you can catch up by reading through page 51 in our primary
text, Wireless Networking in the Developing World. Find a full PDF of
the book here:

http://wndw.net

If you would like to purchase a print copy of the book, you can do that
and help the Independent Media Center at the same time.

With browser cookies enabled, visit:
http://www.goodshop.com/?charityid=864840
for Urbana Champaign Independent Media Center

Search for Stores: lulu
Click the result, then "Shop Now"
Once at lulu.com, set up an account if necessary, and search for
Frederic Renet -- this yields only the Second Edition in English.

Each copy purchased then tosses 39 to 72 cents or so toward UC-IMC.

Note:  UC-IMC only gets a check if "Amount Raised" reaches a minimum
of $20 by the end of September.  Currently, less than a dollar has been
raised (Total: Year-to-Date + 74 cents in December 2010).  Easily done
with only a few people remembering to consult participating retailers
before making online purchases that were already intended.

Thanks to our friend, Bill Hannaford of Springfield, for setting that up!

See folks tonight!
Brian

On 4/21/11 10:39 AM, Gergana Slavova wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Open Hours tonight, as per usual.  Derek mentioned the Mesh Wifi guys
> have setup a small network so if you want to play around with that, stop by.
>
> Regards,
> ~Gergana

Brian Duggan
Technical Projects Developer