[Imc-makerspace] mesh network in kenya

Colten Jackson jazzyjackson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 14:01:23 CDT 2011

I just skype'd with a contact of mine in Nairobi, she tells me there's
wonderful spaces centers around internet cafes where people come together
for creative projects (animation, music recordings) and citizen journalism,
which she teaches to young students. She's going to check out the Fabfi in
Nairobi and see what she can do to help replicate what they've done and get
more spaces around the city connected to the internet. Whatever
documentation we can put together to make that easier for them would be much
appreciated. I'd like to meet with the mesh network people sometime to talk
about how much we can effect with this project.

Also, I just want to explain that final exams and projects have been keeping
me inside lately, and that'll be done with soon.