[Imc-makerspace] Learn how to setup distributed development workflows using Git

Stewart Dickson MathArt at Emsh.CalArts.edu
Tue Aug 9 11:51:57 CDT 2011

I'm not sure that Ms. Potter went into Gitosis during her presentation
-- unless that is the user interface that the GitHub uses --
https://github.com

Is it possible for users to add themselves to the git.chambana.net
repositories remotely -- without logging-in to the server machine
itself?  I don't see a way into it from http://git.chambana.net

http://scie.nti.st/2007/11/14/hosting-git-repositories-the-easy-and-secure-way
sez:
> Adding users
>
> The next natural thing to do is to grant some lucky few commit access
> to the FreeMonkey project. This is a simple two step process.
>
> First, gather their public SSH keys, which I'll call "alice.pub" and
> "bob.pub", and drop them into keydir/ of your local gitosis-admin
> repository. Second, edit gitosis.conf and add them to the "members" list.
>
> cd gitosis-admin
> cp ~/alice.pub keydir/
> cp ~/bob.pub keydir/
> git add keydir/alice.pub keydir/bob.pub
> Note that the key filename must have a ".pub" extension.
>
> gitosis.conf changes:
>
>  [group myteam]
> - members = jdoe
> + members = jdoe alice bob
>   writable = free_monkey
> Commit and push:
>
> git commit -a -m "Granted Alice and Bob commit rights to FreeMonkey"
> git push
Looks like something that the server admin still has to do to me.

Thanks,

-Stewart