[Imc-makerspace] so this new 100 foot radio tower...

Chris Ritzo chris.ritzo at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 18:02:19 CST 2011

It would if we can do it. On the current tower there are three sector
antennas that can hit points 360 degrees from our location.

Whether they stay there or move somewhere on the new tower, we need to flash
the Soekris node that's connected to them with Commotion, then configure it
to share bandwidth from the IMC. It has multiple radios as well, so it could
provide both AP access to the immediate outdoor area and/or provide initial
backhaul connections to ~10 other nodes currently installed outdoors in the
downtown urbana area.

someone else mentioned needing a wiki- I'd suggest that this group could
totally use the ucimc wiki and collaborate with the IMC tech group where we
already have some documentation on wireless stuff.

http://wiki.ucimc.org
- requires creating an account at http://plexus.chambana.net