[Imc-makerspace] QR and GML Stenciler

Bill Hannaford kousotsu at uymail.com
Thu Jul 21 14:56:08 CDT 2011

CUC Fab Lab would be equipped to deploy these, no?

"We present QR_STENCILER, a free, fully-automated utility which
converts QR codes into vector-based stencil patterns suitable
for laser-cutting.   Additionally, we present QR_HOBO_CODES, a
series of one hundred QR stencil designs which, covertly marked
in urban spaces, may be used to warn people about danger or clue
them into good situations... QR_STENCILER has been tested in
MacOSX 10.6.8."

http://fffff.at/qr-stenciler-and-qr-hobo-codes/

"We announce the release of GMLStenciler, an open-source software
project for converting Graffiti Markup Language (GML) drawings
into vector-art stencils suitable for laser cutting. This free
tool solves the problem of transforming GML’s widthless linear
strokes into adjustably-thickened stencil patterns with
automatically bridged islands. GMLStenciler is built in
openFrameworks, an open-source C++ toolkit
for creative coding;
it can be downloaded below (with complete source code) for
Windows and Mac OSX."

http://www.flong.com/blog/2010/gml-stenciler/