[Imc-makerspace] [Imc-bookkeeper] keys for makerspace members & financial situation

Sally K. Carter sally at chambana.net
Wed Jun 22 17:41:05 CDT 2011

On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 13:38:47 -0500, Isak Griffiths <isak at ucimc.org> wrote:
All,

I spoke with Brian Duggan today. He says that Carol and Isak found the key
request forms. He also states that the money attached to the forms were
accounted for. I have yet to actually see the key request forms or the
money.

For the record,

Sally

<mailto:leonmcgeeamericorps at gmail.com>>
>> > wrote:
>> >
>> >     Hey all,
>> >
>> >     We did talk about it at finance last week. Sally said she would
try
>> >     and locate the key forms and the deposits. Not sure if she found
>> >     them or not. But the keys can not be issued until the forms and
>> >     money are collected.
>> >
>> >     On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 2:49 AM, Isak Griffiths <isak at ucimc.org
>> >     <mailto:isak at ucimc.org>> wrote:
>> >
>> >         All,
>> >
>> >         To provide a little history... I held a group keyholder
>> >         training
>> >         for all the MakerSpace members several weeks ago. Chris and
>> >         Brian worked to collect all the $20 key deposits so all the
>> >         forms and deposts would be turned in together, and the keys
>> >         would be made at the same time and therefore be less
>> >         expensive. (There is an additional fee each time keys are
>> >         cut.) I had offered to help mediate the process of getting
>> >         keys,
>> >         but I was on vacation when Brian turned in the forms.
>> >
>> >         I suspect that part of the disconnect is that -- at least for
>> >         the last 6 months -- the exchange of key deposit / key
delivery
>> >         has either been immediate or closely coordinated between me
and
>> >         Leon, so the only reason for a keyholder contract to be in
the
>> >         safe is for the money to be deposited.
>> >
>> >         Chris, et. al., if I can be of assistance at all tomorrow
>> >         please
>> >         let me know.
>> >
>> >         Isak
>> >

>> >         On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Chris Ritzo
>> >         <chris.ritzo at gmail.com <mailto:chris.ritzo at gmail.com>> wrote:
>> >
>> >             Hello Finance members,
>> >
>> >             The Makerspace working group requested several new keys
>> >             our space in May. Brian Duggan was at the Finance meeting
>> >             ask about the status of our new keys. It seems that the
>> >             forms are in the process of being located. We also
>> >             submitted
>> >             key deposits for those keys per Isak's instructions in
May.

--
Sally K. Carter, MBA

Office Manager/Book Keeper