[Imc-makerspace] Planning and organization

Erich Heine sophacles at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 23:44:04 CDT 2011

Sean,

This is a really good point -- It definitely should have gone out sooner.
 There was a minimal amount of pre-meeting organization for this, between a
some people who expressed interest in the process, sorry we didn't include
you in that. Our aim and thinking was that some folks don't want to be
involved in the general organization and structure, and we didn't want to
mess with the recent momentum by bringing it up in the middle of the
"party".  Perhaps we should try and have all that stuff happen on-list in
the future so we don't miss anyone.

Some of the planning stuff that has happened lately has been spontaneous at
the space itself. Some has been last minute due to the nature of it -- e.g.
the Hackerspace challenge thing came to my attention one thursday morning,
and submissions were due the next day. We notified the list as soon as we
decided to do it, so sometimes stuff just happens.

That really should be an exception tho.  This was actually one of the
talking points for organizational stuff: get to place where almost nothing
happens short notice. It is a hackerspace (essentially a glorified soldering
club /snark :P) not a dynamic business or super fast moving topic.

Like I said in the previous email, no organizational stuff will be decided,
just a proposal for the bigger group to discuss and decide on will be put
together, and we certainly want any feedback on that you have to provide.

Regards,
Erich