[Imc-makerspace] Dispatch from the Illinois Arms Race

Bill Hannaford kousotsu at uymail.com
Fri Oct 7 11:31:53 CDT 2011

It has been brought to my attention that Springfield currently leads
 the state in filesystem capacity cemented into exterior brick walls.

 http://www.deaddrops.com/db/?page=view&id=802
 http://www.deaddrops.com/db/?page=view&id=805
 http://www.deaddrops.com/db/?page=view&id=807

 Carbondale retains the honor of having gotten there first.

 http://www.deaddrops.com/db/?page=view&id=161
 http://www.deaddrops.com/db/?page=view&id=162
 http://www.deaddrops.com/db/?page=view&id=163
 http://www.deaddrops.com/db/?page=view&id=164

 Receiving this news, I told a friend I found it less surprising that
 Chicago is the largest city in the United States to have none than
 that Champaign-Freaking-Urbana wasn't in the vanguard. Friend
 replied some detailed account of U of I network infrastructure and
 that it wouldn't occur to Champaign-Urbana as a need. I nodded
 my head like, "you have a point," and continued to wonder.

 I just think it'd be cute if Champaign-Urbana & Bloomington-Normal
 were on the map before Chicago gets around to it.