[Imc-makerspace] GRC 2012 Call for Proposals

Austin McCann theaustinmccann at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 03:18:53 UTC 2012

 <http://grassrootsradioconference.org/news/now-accepting-session-proposals>

*You are now invited to submit
proposals<http://grassrootsradioconference.org/program/propose>for
sessions at the 2012 Grassroots
Radio Conference <http://grassrootsradioconference.org/>!*
*2012 Grassroots Radio Conference* <http://grassrootsradioconference.org/>
July 26-29, 2012
202 S. Broadway Urbana, IL
(217) 344-8820

This year’s theme is “The Future of Community Radio.” With digital
technology, local community radio stations have the opportunity to engage
global audiences, deploy mobile studios, share community wireless internet,
and become multi-media community centers. Together we will chart a vision
for community radio as a dynamic community-building tool for decades to
come!

Please familiarize yourself with the formats and tracks we are offering to
find a fit. If you are unable to find a good fit, that’s OK! If you have
any questions, please contact Austin at 2012grc at gmail.com or (217) 344-8820.

*Tracks* (see track
descriptions<http://grassrootsradioconference.org/program/tracks>
)
Tracks focused a number of activities on a given theme: The Future of
Community Radio, Radio for Social Justice, Participation & Engagement,
Composing for Radio, Wired for Change, Policy for People, Nurturing the
Organization, and Hoodies in the Hood: YOUth Power, MEdia Freedom. Each
track includes a mixture of panel discussions, lectures, laboratories,
workshops, skillshares, tours & other forms.

*Caucuses*
Caucuses are spaces for networks and soon-to-be-networks to convene,
brainstorm, design, and question. Caucuses are ideal for groups who would
benefit from diverse, informal conversation and face-to-face networking
around a shared passion. Caucuses are self-organizing; we will provide a
bulletin board and space at plenaries to announce them.

*Plenaries*
Plenaries are gatherings of all participants of the GRC to frame our
discussions and share information. Plenaries devolve gracefully into
parties.

--
Austin McCann
2012 Grassroots Radio Conference <http://grassrootsradioconference.org/>