[Imc-makerspace] uc mini makerfaire 2012

Chris Ritzo chris.ritzo at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 09:32:30 CST 2012

Hey folks,
We had a planning meeting last weekend for the 2012 UC Mini Makerfaire.
This year's makerfaire is really going to kick it, and we need your help to
spread the word & make it happen.

First off, it's on April 14th, 2012.

Tell everybody you know to come, and invite makers to agree to join us.
There's some promo text/email stuff being written now and we'll send that
along for you to use when it's ready.

Second, we need makerspace members to do stuff. We've signed on to do a
"learn to solder" workshop/booth, and there's a lot going on. Be a part of
it!

Lastly, promotions. I'm getting the website up this weekend and we'll be
needing folks to get the promotions going viral. If you have photos or
video from last year's makerfaire or from our workshops last summer, please
send them to me. We'll need people to post, tweet, etc. starting with Mitch
Altman's visit later this month.

If you want to get involved, email me and better yet, join the planning
group. We meet next on Sat. 2/11/2012 at 1:30pm at Lincoln Square Mall in
the table area near the north entrance.