[Imc-makerspace] March Membership Meeting Minutes [3/25]

Stewart Dickson mathartspd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 14:55:13 UTC 2012

Hi, Gergana,

Thanks for posting the minutes.   (Which Brian was there?)

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 10:44 PM, Gergana Slavova <
gergana.s.slavova at gmail.com> wrote:

> Attendees: Barry, Chris, Brian, Tom, Gergana

>         - would be nice to get a different way to make money: e.g. selling
> refurbed machines, grant-funded programs, doing week-long Arduino workshops
> with the library

I think that we should always have a few kits from Adafruit or the
MakerShed on hand at the MakerSpace, in case there is a drop-in at open
hours or the computer help desk who wants one

>      *) Makerspace participation: will have the robot pins, will show how
> to solder the blinky LED badge

That's the MakerShed blinky robot badge?  Yes, we should always have those
on hand, plus
parts for throwies.

>         - need to make sure we have enough people to man the table; please
> e-mail Chris if you're planning on volunteering

I'll be there.

>      *) Stewart's presentation for the 2012 SME Rapid Prototyping
> Conference (date?)

I'm going to Atlanta May 23rd for my presentation at the conference on the
24th.   I'll be visiting the hackerspace FreeSide Atlanta while I'm there.

May 1-3 is Tuesday-Thursday I could do the presentation one of those nights.
It turns out that I have received more offers of projectors I can borrow to
do the presentation,
so all I need is the place and the date.  I can bring the projector, if
necessary.