[Imc-makerspace] Tandem: Bicycles and Artwork

Jeffrey Putney quaker at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 01:56:07 UTC 2013

Oh that's awesome, thanks Lisa! And I like the idea of the makerspace
representing.

I have a thought that includes led's and 3Dprinting.

So you can use a computer fan as a little wind turbine to power led's
pretty easily. See here: http://youtu.be/o13MSASAaTI?t=40s

But what if instead of using normal fan blades you 3D printed a vertical
fan blade like this http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1689 so that it could
harness wind from any direction.

And then if you attached the 3D printed blade to the side of the fan motor
that has the electrical hook up you could mount led's directly to the fan
blades  and probably make nice little art piece. It would be a little
'recycled computer fan 3D printed bike light thing'. Ok it needs a better
name :-) but you probably get the point.

Thoughts!? Anyone want to work on this?

Jeff

Jeffrey Putney
Senior Software Engineer