[Imc-makerspace] Children’s Discovery Museum DiscoTech (need volunteers!)

Jeffrey Putney quaker at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 01:29:25 UTC 2013

Hey everyone,

Bethany Thomas contacted Makerspace Urbana because she is teaching a camp
this summer at the Children’s Discovery Museum called Design It, Create It,
Make It inspired by the maker movement.

We came up with the basic idea of doing a Discotech (DISCOvering
TECHnology) style workshop where we set up a few different tables with
projects going on and let the kids wander amongst them. So far I have
confirmed interest in helping from Emily, Monica, Gergana, and Colten but
I'm sure in this case the more volunteers the better. So please let me know
if your interested.

I created a document for organizing the workshop here, please feel free to
fill it in or change whatever
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d0BCd7-xbXjPgrv466grU1nWDPRlTRKRMKuraCV_bZ4/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks,
Jeff