[Imc-makerspace] Soldering Surface Mount

Jeffrey Putney quaker at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 19:33:11 UTC 2013

Hi Bilal,

I've done quite a bit or surface mount work and would be happy to talk it
over with with you and perhaps show you some of what I've done. I'm at the
space every wed at 7pm for sure and could probably meet another time if
that works better for you. Just email me directly if you have any question
or want to set up a meeting time.

Thanks!
  Jeff

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 9:58 AM, MakerSpace Urbana <makerspaceu at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello, Bilal,
>
> I have forwarded your message on the Makerspace Urbana e-mail discussion
> list (also Cc: on this reply), so maybe you will also hear from someone
> else on that list.  (http://lists.chambana.net ... /imc-makerspace)
>
> We have been having open hours Tuesdays, Wednesday and sometimes Thursdays
> from 7-9PM.
> We have lots of soldering irons.   I don't have a lot of experience with
> surface-mounted devices, but I'm
> sure that others on the list do.
>
> Open hours are generally posted at the Makerspace Urbana Facebook group --
> usually less than 24 hours in advance.
> http://www.facebook.com/groups/118240874874433
>
> You're welcome to come!
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Stewart
>

> On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 7:42 PM, Bilal Gabula <gabula1 at illinois.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hey,
>>
>> I am a senior in Electrical Engineering at Urbana Champaign and am
>> continuing a project that I was working on last semester as a part of
>> Senior Design. During the design review last week Professor Carney
>> mentioned makerspace when I was asking about soldering a lot of surface
>> mount chips.
>>
>> I was wondering if I could come in and talk with someone sometime this
>> week about help with soldering. Do let me know what time I could stop by.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --
>> Bilal Gabula

Jeffrey Putney