[Imc-makerspace] Fwd: [hackerspaces] Radio Shack Hackerspace Challenge: $1000 Prize!

Stewart Dickson mathartspd at gmail.com
Sat May 25 03:15:19 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ken Murphy <ken at murphlab.com>
Date: Fri, May 24, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Subject: Re: [hackerspaces] Radio Shack Hackerspace Challenge: $1000 Prize!
To: Stewart Dickson <mathartspd at gmail.com>

Hi Stewart-

I'm actually not a Radio Shack employee. I'm working for Popular Mechanics,
who is a partner with Radio Shack on this contest, and their whole DIY
campaign.

That said, I do have a line of communication with them, and I do know they
are making a fairly serious attempt to re-connect with the modern maker
community.  I think there is potential for this type of connection with
makerspaces, and I think the idea of them  supporting mini maker faires or
something similar makes a lot of sense.

Could you tell me a little more about what you have in mind? Perhaps there
could be opportunities for future collaboration.

Ken