[Imc-makerspace] IMC Open House and IMC Omnia proposals

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Wed Sep 4 16:46:23 UTC 2013

Hi Makerspace folk,

First off, thanks to Makerspace for your awesome staffing efforts at Quad
Day. We gathered several hundred emails.  I will send you all the email
addressed when they are compiled so you can email them directly about
Makerspace events.

I was chatting with Jeff, Monica, and Gergana on the Quad about positioning
our planned IMC Open House next to the Makerfaire so that the events can
flow together and we can cross promote.

Jacob from OddMusic working group proposed an IMC Omnia component to the
day. IMC Omnia is a late night or all night performance, music, and art
making that culminates into a showing at the end.

So Sept 21 could look like this:
10 - 4 Makerfaire!
4 - 5  Open House Tour of the IMC and all related projects (including
Makerspace)
5 - 6  IMC talk about membership and film about Indymedia
6 - 1am (or later) IMC Omnia

I want to make sure these other activities compliment all the hard work you
have done with Makerfaire.  Here are my questions:

1) Is it better for you to have the IMC Open House overlap with Makerfaire
or happen right after it? If it overlaps, it would involve a tour, talk,
and membership drive and might cancel the movie.  If overlap is preferable
then when?

2) Is it preferable for Makerfaire to absorb the IMC Omnia activities
instead of having these as separate events? The focus is on making, but
more in the music composition and art sense than tools, technology and
robotics.  If so, I will propose this to Jacob.

Your candid answers are welcome!!

The Open House group is meeting Friday to start promotions so please
respond in the next day or so.

Danielle