[Imc-makerspace] Your Project's Participation in the IMC Open House

Rachel Storm rachelstrm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 21:42:18 UTC 2013

 IMC Family of Groups/Renters/Orgs!

This is the announcement regarding our Fall Open House! I'm writing to ask
each working group, renter, or organization to participate in the open
house in the following ways:

   - Have your space (if you have one) open with an activity or tours
   available during the open house hours (Sept. 21st from 12pm-4pm)

   - See if a member of your org is willing to flier from 10am-12pm at the
   Farmer's Market Sat. Sept. 21st before the open house!

   - Gather materials about your upcoming events, brochures, etc. to put
   out in your space. Designate someone to be there to answer questions/give a
   tour.

   - Send photos to me (rachelstrm at gmail.com) from your group's activities
   to be included in an IMC powerpoint that will be looping on the stage!

   - We'd like to offer special features of a particular group during the
   open house. That could mean that your space has a specific activity going
   on for 30 minutes or something or it could mean you are on the stage
   peforming, etc. Think about whether your group would like a "highlight"
   during the open house and what you'd like to do. Danielle Chynoweth and
   Jacob Barton are making that schedule up, so once you email me, I'll put
   you in contact with them.

*Please reply and let me know how your group will participate! Please also
post the following message and fliers to your listservs and on your social
media pages.*

Rachel

Fall IMC Open House |
ART+MEDIA+TECHNOLOGY+JUSTICE<https://www.facebook.com/events/645388605484818/>
*Saturday, September 28, 2013*
*12:00pm until 4:00pm*

The Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center invites the public to get to
know our programs, working groups, and projects in our Fall IMC Open House,
where staff, volunteers, and working groups will show you the ropes, speak
about our projects, and highlight the IMC's impact in the C-U community
over the past few years.

If you're interested in indymedia, arts, technology, and social change,
this event is not to be missed! We'll have refreshments on site and offer
bus tours of the IMC's impact in the community (tours are offered at 1:30pm
and 2:30pm). Come check out the The Bike Project of Urbana-Champaign,
Champaign-Urbana Citizens For Peace and Justice (CUCPJ), Urbana-Champaign
Books to Prisoners, Makerspace Urbana, The School for Designing a Society,
Remaking Matters, Outta the Mouths of Babes, WRFU, Public i, etc!

We'l feature speakers, an art exhibition, workshops/skillshares, food,
music, and media-making! Free and open to the public.

Share this invite via Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/events/645388605484818/