[Imc-makerspace] Fwd: MicroHouse Workshop - Open Source Extreme Manufacturing

Jeffrey Putney quaker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 11:52:42 EDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marcin Jakubowski <marcin at opensourceecology.org>
Date: Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 11:32 PM
Subject: MicroHouse Workshop - Open Source Extreme Manufacturing
To: makerspaceu at gmail.com

Dear Urbana Makerspace,

I am contacting as a hackerspace within reasonable driving distance from
our hackerspace, Factor e Farm - 1 hour north of Kansas City.

We are having our MicroHouse Extreme Manufacturing workshop on Sep 25-30 -
building on our prior experience:

http://opensourceecology.org/microhouse-workshop-4/

This is also a special invite to anyone who has experience with CNC
furniture (as in OpenDesk, etc) - to get low cost admission for helping
out. We have a 4'x4' CNC router with Mach 3 and want to utilize it for the
workshop - desks, chairs, sofa, bookshelves - furniture of all sorts for
the MicroHouse. Your role would be to work with us remotely to make this
happen - and possibly arrive early. Please pass this offer on to any of
your hacker friends.

We are doing an experiment in radical collaboration, in that we are having
the open source community generate the designs for the workshop. Please
join our Design Sprint if you want to see how this works -
http://opensourceecology.org/wiki/Design_Sprints

Thanks,
Marcin

--