[Imc-makerspace] September Membership Meeting [Sunday, Sept 28 @ 6pm]

Gergana Slavova gergana.s.slavova at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 21:00:54 EDT 2014

A quick agenda of our upcoming meeting this Sunday.  Hope to see you there!

*) Opens
     -- Post a list of workshops on the website
     -- Jeff created MU business cards (thanks, Jeff!)
*) Membership/Financial Update
     -- Financial status and future plans
          $) Create a committee to work on expansion plans [on hold
post-Maker Fest]
     -- Funding ideas
          $) Selling bike light cross-stitch kits on Etsy
          $) Will also do a general ask of anyone who has ever visited the
space
          $) Py-CU workshop
          $) Awesome Foundation grant (for TUFL workshops?)
          $) 3D printing keychains for a $1: have a prototype of a squirrel
with a ring
          $) Maybe do a Raspberry pi workshop kit (plus keyboard, mouse,
HDMI cable) and have it available for rent
          $) Create signs for:
               #) 3D printer usage rules (including donation amounts) with
               #) Put up a "Did you enjoy the space?  Donate here" sign
next to the donation jar
               #) Listing of membership levels
               #) Better signs for snacks/soda
          $) Request to partner with Info City CU
<http://infocitycu.net/about/>
*) Help Desk
     -- Urbana Free Library computer donation
*) RFID lock project
*) Py-CU
*) Chambana.net transition
*) Past events:
     -- Summer Make-a-tion 2014
          $) Arduinos
          $) Beer/Mead brewing
*) Upcoming/potential events:
     -- UIUC NSBE "When I grow up, I want to be an engineer" event (Thurs,
Oct 2, 4-5:30pm)
     -- MU hosts CIGG Workshop (Thurs, Oct. 9, 6-7:30pm)
     -- International Day of the Girl (Saturday, Oct. 11)
     -- IL Library Association Conf 2014 in Springfield, IL (Oct. 16, noon
- 2pm)
     -- 2014 Heartland Maker Fest (Saturday, Oct. 18)
     -- Community Arts Forum panel (Saturday, Nov. 8, 8am-1pm)
     -- Google Glass workshop (Liz)
     -- Saturday Open Hours rotation (11am - 1pm): sign up here
<http://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050845ADAC23AA8-makerspace>!
     -- Another clean-up day: tentative for Aug. 10
     -- DFA workshop
     -- Discovery Center Museum in Rockford, IL (Aug 23 - Jan 4)
     -- Block2Block <https://www.facebook.com/FromBlock2Block> partnering
with Electric Waste Orchestra
*) Other things of interest:
     -- China Hacker Trip w/ Mitch Altman

If there's anything else, bring it with you to the meeting.

~Gergana