[Imc-makerspace] Happy Holidays from Makerspace Urbana

MakerSpace Urbana makerspaceu at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 01:21:16 EST 2015

Hello friends,

It has been an amazing year here at Makerspace Urbana and it's all because
of you!  We learned some new skills (like glass bead and jewelry making)
and we taught others something we knew well (like sewing and Arduino
robotics).  Most impressively, we had a record-breaking number of visitors
at this year's Heartland Maker Fest (counted at 2200)!  We could not have
done it without your help and support.

A couple of logistical things: as a lot of us will be out of town for the
holidays, the space will be closed during our regular Open Hours this
Wednesday (Dec. 23) and Saturday (Dec. 26).  We'll resume on the following
Tuesday (Dec. 29) with Py-CU and Wednesday's Open Hours (Dec. 30).  And
because we all love the space so much, we'll add extra Open Hours on Friday
(Jan. 1) - come spend your day off with us!

As the year comes to a close, consider extending extra support and making a
donation <https://makerspaceurbana.org/donate/> to Makerspace Urbana.  As
you know, we're 100% volunteer-run organization - any contributions will go
a long way towards teaching more diverse workshops and making the Heartland
Maker Fest even more impactful.

Wishing you very Happy Holidays and a fantastic 2016!

--

c/o UCIMC
202 S. Broadway Ave.