[Imc-makerspace] Makerspace ♡s Consent: #SOSRACES - today is the last day to donate!

MakerSpace Urbana makerspaceu at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 12:48:46 EDT 2016

Hello everyone,

If you've been following us on social media and email, you know Makerspace
Urbana has been fundraising for Rape Advocacy Counseling and Education
Services (RACES) <http://www.cu-races.org/> - an amazing organization that
provides support to survivors of sexual violence during every stage of
their healing process.

Due to the Illinois budget impasse, rape crisis centers across the state
are at risk of closing. RACES is in a similar position - the state of
Illinois owes them nearly $200,000. They have made significant staff and
service cuts to keep their doors open. Without additional funding, more
cuts are on the horizon.

But we can prevent this! Today is the last day to make a donation through
our Makerspace ♡s Consent
<https://www.crowdrise.com/makerspaceconsent/> Fundraising
page <https://www.crowdrise.com/makerspaceconsent/>.  We are only *$888*
away of meeting our $5K goal!  Your donation can keep rape crisis services
available in Champaign, Ford, Piatt, and Douglas Counties.  Aside from
getting some major karma points, anyone who donates before midnight tonight
will be placed in a drawing for a $50 gift certificate to CU Adventures in
Time & Space or other prizes from local businesses.

Thank you so much for your support! Every little bit helps!

~Gergana
Member
--

c/o UCIMC