[Imc-makerspace] March Membership Meeting [Sunday, March 28 @ 6pm]

Gergana Slavova gergana.s.slavova at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 00:05:19 EDT 2016

Spring has sprung!  Looking forward to seeing you this Sunday for our
membership meeting.  If you don't know how to get to the space, check out
the video on the website <https://makerspaceurbana.org/>.

Agenda:

   - Opens
      - Heartland Maker Fest 2015 t-shirts for sale!
      - We're making a BB droid!  Join us on Saturdays @ 1pm.
   - Membership/Financial Update
      - New member nominations
      - Financial status and future plans
         - Should gear up our fundraising again
            - *Jeff *will start pulling Stripe and Square reports monthly,
            would like to see what our avg monthly income is for the
next 6 months
         - Funding requests
         - Sponsoring members to attend Allied Media Conference
         <https://www.alliedmedia.org/amc>
         - Reimbursement: please complete this form
      <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FTaKXZsDSCjiR2nCuH1frZYzzz29mjH0XC8HuT6K8HI/viewform>
       + the IMC form to get reimbursed
      - Funding ideas
         - Grants
      - Equipment
         - Acquired: New sewing machine (works!), button supplies, crayons
         - Needed: MU table cloth (in progress)
         - Create signs for:
            - "did you enjoy the space" + "sign the guestbook" signs [DONE]
            - Rules for using/checking out the raspberry pi kits
               - Need to make a sign + update the website
            - Help Desk
   - RFID lock project
   - Py-CU
   - Chambana.net
   - Past events
   - Arduino workshop w/ Mitch Altman (Sunday, Mar. 6 @ 1pm)
      - Pi Day @ Makerspace U (Monday, Mar. 14 @ 6-9pm)
      - Sewing Night! (Monday, Mar. 21 @ 6-9pm)
      - Thank you for making our RACES fundraiser a success!
         - Still a change to DONATE
         <https://www.crowdrise.com/makerspaceconsent/> until end of month!
         - Upcoming/potential events
      - Makerspace Game Night! (Saturday, Apr 2 @ 7-10pm)
      - CU Make with UIUC Makers (Apr 2-3)
      - Decatur Mini Maker Faire (Sat, Apr 9) - *Gergana *to send an email
      to the list gauging interest
      - Boneyard Art Fest - we're a venue! (Sat, Apr. 9 - all day)
      - Purdue Electronic Waste Event (Thurs, Apr. 21) - Colten is
      attending, anyone else?
      - Mead/brewing workshop
      - Fidget quilts
      <http://www.free-alzheimers-support.com/wordpress/alzheimers-fidget-quilts-for-sale-online/>
      community project - would like to do a workshop (target June)
      - Makerspace co-sponsoring "Methods for Designing more Inclusive
      Design
      <http://www.lis.illinois.edu/articles/2016/03/balsamo-deliver-april-22-inaugural-lecture-design-dialogues-speakers-series>"
      speaker series (April 22)
      - Wand-making workshop w/ Orpheum (*Gergana *to email the Orpheum
      again)
      - Makerspace at the Art @ the Market (Aug 13)
      - Summer camp for girls with the Orpheum (Summer '16)
      - Heartland Maker Fest 2016 (Saturday, Oct. 1)
      - Saturday Open Hours rotation (11am - 1pm): sign up here
      <http://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050845adac23aa8-saturday2> through
      May 2016!
      - Bicycle counter project @ UIUC - any interest?
      - Other things of interest
      - MakerGirl Kickstarter
      <https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1501163298/makergirl-goes-mobile-introducing-stem-through-3-d?token=1c5b1502>
      !
      - Allied Media Conference, June 16-19, Detroit, MI

See you soon,

~Gergana