[Imc-members] UCIMC Library update

Chris Ritzo chris.ritzo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 20:02:02 CST 2009

Friends,
In the coming year, the UCIMC library is planning some big changes. We hope
you can help make our library an important resource for the activist
community in this area. Below are some of the things we're working on.

- Collections are being cataloged and searchable on our website
library.ucimc.org
- UCIMC Archive materials will be cataloged
- Barbara Vogl Cybernetics Collection and Archive will be added to our
collections
- UCIMC members will be able to check out materials
- We are creating a comfortable reading area along the south windows of the
IMC first floor space for members and for the general public.

As a tag-along to the annual appeal we all received in the mail, please
consider making a small donation if you've found the UCIMC library a good
resource in the past or would like to make it better in the future. (
http://library.ucimc.org/content/donate-ucimc-library)

We're in the process of weeding old subcriptions and soliciting gift
subscriptions to renew them.
Our policy is to place magazines marked for discard up for grabs in the
UCIMC main space for a period of time so members may choose to take them. A
cart of magazines has been set out and marked "Free", and will remain
available until January 26th. At that time we will discard those remaining.

Best,
Chris Ritzo
UCIMC Radical Librarians