[Imc-members] Steering tonight

Judith Pond judith.pond at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 10:35:31 CST 2010

Steering agenda:

--IMC interns (Carly Nix)
--Safe Haven Micro Home on IMC property (Sarah McEvoy)
--discussion of Americorps coordination & job descriptions (Chris Ritzo)

More working group updates:

*FINANCE*

The holiday appeal fundraising letters have been composed and mailed.

The 2008 audit and taxes have been completed and submitted.

We consensed to become the fiscal sponsors of Community Center for the
LGBTQA community in Champaign County.

Our treasurer and board member, Jason Turner, will be stepping down after
three years of service. A search is currently being conducted. Jason has
done an AMAZING job of completing audits and grant budgets for our many
programs. He has also helped to clean the backlog out of our books. Jason
will be MISSED!

We received notice from Champaign Consortium that funding for Tim and Chris'
positions will end January 8, 2010, not March 31 as previously stated.

Building Concerns--

We had to order a new motor for the boiler. Comfort will install this within
the next week or so when the part comes in.

Our tenant in room 15 vacated. We signed a 12 month lease for the space with
the Tech group and MakerSpace. We signed a 6 month lease with Chris Evans
for room 215. We are filled to capacity.

*TECH

*--Much of the IMC's internal network has been restructured for greater
security, with a new firewall and the public network segregated from
internal services.

--A number of bugs have been fixed in the backpage.

--The backup system has been reworked, and all critical directories and
databases on all servers are backed up.

--All email lists and primary email functionality has been migrated to a
new server, deprecating old imsahp.chambana.net. People who have legacy
email accounts can still access them through imsahp.chambana.net and can
contact the tech group for migration. We'll be rolling out improved
POP3/IMAP/SMTP capabilities as well as webmail and accounts management
shortly.

--Makerspace Urbana has gotten off the ground with the support of
IMC-Tech group members and is renting one of the downstairs studios as a
space for creative and technical projects.

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Nicole Pion <nicole.pion at gmail.com> wrote:

> *From: *Susan Porter Bruce <susanpbruce at yahoo.com>
> *Date: *January 14, 2010 7:29:33 AM CST
> *To: *imc-members at lists.chambana.net
> *Subject: **IMC Steering Tonight*
>

> Hello all,
>
> On behalf of Books To Prisoners, I'd like to remind members that the IMC
> Steering meeting is tonight 8:00-10:00---held over from last week.
>
> These are the agenda items/updates we have received from working groups.
> Please email more by noon today.
>
> -Susan Bruce
>

> LIBRARIANS GROUP UPDATE (submitted by  Chris Ritzo)
>
> -Received collection donation from the estate of Barbara Vogl. This will
> become a new permanent collection at the IMC: the Barbara Vogl Cybernetics
> Collection.
> -Began moving library materials to new location: south wall of main space
> near the windows
> -Website has been given a huge update. Added links to donate to UCIMC
> library
> via Paypal.
> -Hosted volunteers from Library Science school in Dec. Cataloged zines.
> -Will be working with Meme to build new shelving for library materials
> -Coordinating with Library Science school Archives class to begin work
> organizing and cataloging UCIMC archive materials
>
> THE BIKE PROJECT UPDATE (submitted by Emma Barnes)
>
> -Women and Trans night (first Tues. of every month) is still continuing.
> This
> week's was empty due to cold weather & lack of students in town
> -Our next general meeting will be Jan. 26 6-8 pm. All are invited to
> attend.
> Food and beverages will be provided. An agenda is always available on our
> wiki page before the meeting.
> -Light installation will occur approximately Jan. 15th.
> -Members-only hours are suspended until Spring
> -Will be a Bike Fitting clinic Jan. 31st hosted by Karen Partlow, the
> business owner of Crow Dog bike fitting business (and Bike Project member)
>
> AMERICORPS UPDATE (submitted by Judith Pond)
>
> -MLK Day of Service Project: forming a peace band with 2nd and 3rd graders
> at
> King Elementary School on Tuesday, January 19
> -Art supply drive to benefit King School: look for donation bins in the IMC
>
> BOOKS TO PRISONERS UPDATE (submitted by Susan Bruce)
>
> -Spring Book Sale, April 16-18, possible conflict with Boneyard Arts
> -MLK Day of Service, Monday 1:00-3:00
> -Judith beginning outreach to organizations
>

> --
> Nicole Pion
> Outreach and Development Adviser
> AmeriCorps CTC VISTA
> Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center
>
> --
> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.