[Imc-members] Help Send an Urbana Delegation to the 17th Annual Allied Media Conference!

Rachel Storm rachelstrm at gmail.com
Sun May 17 23:16:39 EDT 2015

Dear Friend,

I'm writing to ask for your support to help send artists and organizers
from Champaign-Urbana to the Allied Media Conference in Detroit in June!
We're hosting a fundraiser event with dinner, entertainment, a raffle, and
art exhibition--and we hope you'll make it!

*Send IMC to AMC Fundraiser*
*Sun. May 24th from 6pm-8pm *
*Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center*
*202 S. Broadway Ave. Urbana, 61801*
*An event to support sending UC-IMC artists and activists to the Allied
Media Conference <https://www.facebook.com/alliedmediaconference> in
Detroit.*

*A dinner will be served for a suggested $25-$50 a plate. *
With this event the IMC wishes to further the Black Lives Matter movement
by supporting some of our own emerging young Black artists. There will be
an exhibit of photographs by Jameel Bridgewater
<https://www.facebook.com/jameel.naji> for purchase, with a portion of the
proceeds to go to the fundraiser. Local hip hop artist T.R.U.T.H
<https://www.facebook.com/truthisPS> will also be performing. IMC activists
will talk about a panel they will be presenting at the conference,
"Organizing & Winning Against Mass Incarceration Locally."

*The Allied Media Conference is a collaborative laboratory of media-based
organizing strategies for transforming our world! Help us ensure an Urbana
presence at this year's conference! *

*Can't make the fundraiser, but want to support us? *
*Please make a donation here
<https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=ZUXS6MFYM9K2Q>!
*

We hope you'll join us!

In solidarity,
The UCIMC Delegation to Allied Media Conference