[Imc-newsroom] Re: methadone clinic proposal mtg

William Saylor wsaylor at prairienet.org
Thu Apr 5 12:24:39 CDT 2001

Well, now all my caveats.

I'm not available to attend even though I had originally intended to.  I
have a significant role in a WEFT pledge drive event tonight (and then
some). I know you folks are busy too. As usual I meant to post earlier,
but at the same time I wanted to let you all know generally about the
topic because there will be less time-sensitive opportunities to cover it.

I am on the neighborhood email list -- I lived in the "SNA" for nine
years, until last year.  Of course, DT Champaign is really my primary
neighborhood anyway.  The neighborhood dynamic is interesting and
intelligent, there has been a wide-ranging debate on the topic, not all
against.  There is some NIMBY but a dismissal is missing a lot of story.
That's why I would hope IMC, if staffing were to materialize, would be
willing to present more than the standard two sides (or one side) of the
story.

I might add that a lot of folks have not been real happy with the
performance of the TIMES Center in their new location.

Finally, the City of Champaign  will broadcast the mtg, like many mtgs, on
CATV Ch. 5, and they will copy tapes of meetings if you provide a tape.
At least on an occasional basis.

-Bill