[Imc-newsroom] summarizing FTAA

Zachary C.Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Mon Apr 23 12:23:00 CDT 2001

> So, thinking of how to rearrange things on the front page tomorrow -- was
> thinking of compacting the news updates, perhaps putting them on another
> page.

I really think that for major events like this we should create static
archive pages that look nice and have well organized links to all the
information gathered for that event so people don't have to search around.

So we should have an FTAA page with a summary report written by some
of our people who were there, a few links to background storiesm, a
link to a page with a blow by blow summary, links to all locally
produced audio, video, and images (including stuff that hasn't come in
yet...which we could add as it comes in) and links to searches for
"FTAA" on other IMC sites. And whatever else seems relevent.

We should use our website as a useful archival and summary tool. Right
now we are just using it as a tool for getting the word out as it
happens. It should also be a way for people to access the words in an
organized fashing after it happens.

I'm not volunteering. Just suggesting.