[Imc-newsroom] publish, publish, publish!!!

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 10 15:34:27 CDT 2001

The U-C IMC website has been woefully devoid of any local news lately,
which makes doing website features updates difficult and depressing.  I
KNOW that the Newsgroup volunteers are working hard reporting on news of
all types.  I am PLEADING with all of you to post some of this stuff to the
website!

If you're working on the radio show, you can post summaries of your
scripts, or the scripts themselves.  You can post the headlines absolutely
verbatim.  Maybe folks can help each other out by writing summaries from
others' notes and scripts.

You don't need to write a full 1000 word story.  Simple and clear
summaries--so-called "wraps"--of 250 words or so are great and help
demonstrate to those who miss the radio show and the public i that the U-C
IMC is busy reporting nonetheless.  You can write these for any news or any
event that you might see or attend.

We can also put the audio that makes up the radio show on-line,  Paul K. or
I can help you if you ask.  In about a week or so the site will be upgraded
to newer software so that you can easily do this yourself.

PLEASE DON'T NEGLECT THE WEBSITE.  It is probably still our most public
face, and how many people will form their first impressions of the IMC.

Your website pal,

Paul