[Imc-newsroom] call for headlines and foci for 8/27 & 9/3

mark enslin enslin at prairienet.org
Fri Aug 24 12:09:18 CDT 2001

I'm producing the next two IMC newshours.

For this monday 8/27, I'll have a ~35 minute feature on local resident's
experiences from the past 80 years with racial inequity in Champaign schools
(among the interviewees is a 92-year-old describing her experiences with
grade school in Champaign!). I can be the airshifter that day.

I would like at least two helpers:

1. someone to create a 10-minute focus piece (or two 5-minute focus pieces,
or even an in-booth live interview like Peter did last week)
2. a headlines coordinator

For next Monday, I'm planning to preproduce a 50-minute feature on the
Gesundheit Institute (what Gesundheit Institute is doing while they raise
funds for the free silly hospital: descriptions of the recently completed
and fantasmagoric staff residence, excerpts from a planning meeting for Jim
Hightower's progressive chautauqua idea, and a county health fair in west
virginia that gesundheit people were at).

I would like at least two helpers:

1. a headlines coordinator
2. an airshifter

Particularly for this monday's show, I'd like to hear from helpers even
before Sunday's meeting, if possible.
thanks,
Mark