[Imc-newsroom] matt hale...and other events

Meridith Kruse mmkruse2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 31 10:15:41 CDT 2001

hello everyone - I am new to the IMC - but have lived in this area for awhile...my name is Meridith Kruse...

I too can be at the Champaign Public Library Sept. 9th... I have seen Matt Hale speak before in my hometown - Mattoon... but there was so much protesting from the crowd that I never really heard anything he said...but I am familiar with his beliefs thanks to the literature he was passing out... anyone know of planned actions around this event?  or just to go and see what happens?

Also, to let everyone know - Dick Durbin will be in Urbana - speaking at a Planned Parenthood luncheon at 12:00 on this same day - Sunday Sept. 9th -at the Urbana Holiday Inn... When I called Planned Parenthood about this - they said it would be $25 per person to get in... I don't know if there is anyway to attend and not eat, and thus not have to pay? And I don't know how restricted his talk/time for quesitons will be...

Finally - I met with Aaron Koonsman - UIUC student who is trying to organizing a group of people to attend this year's SOA protests in November - we are planning on having another meeting next week - and I hear a video about the SOA will be shown at the IMC next Tuesday around 6:00...  I plan on going to Fort Benning and will be able to report on this for the IMC...