[Imc-newsroom] matt hale...and other events

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 31 11:23:06 CDT 2001

Hi Meridith,
I was planning on covering this story also. Given the situation, with
the "lovable" Champaign cops providing security and likely seperating
people outside the library, it would be a good idea to have several
reporters there in order to get the whole story. It would also be great
if we could have someone inside to record the "presentation" so that
Hale's own words can be used to illustrate the perfidious nature of his
beliefs. I was going to check with the News Group this Sunday at 1:15pm
at the IMC to see what other people have in mind and coordinate
coverage.

As for the Durbin thing, you might want to have Brian Hagy whip you up a
IMC press pass. It MIGHT get you in free, especially if you don't expect
a free lunch.

The SOA is on the radar at the IMC, but I think obscured by the focus on
the much closer WB/IMF demos in DC at the end of Sept.. It would be
great if you and Aaron took the lead on this, as I know he was
particularly enthusiastic about it when I spoke to him recently.
Mike Lehman