[Imc-newsroom] words from Chicago

Zachary C.Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Mon Feb 12 01:38:57 CST 2001

Here is a note I just got from Steve of Chicago IMC who I met on IRC
today. His email address is spkonieczka at juno.com.

Who wants to go visit chicago and teach them about our radio show
production?

> Also, in a dramatic and thoroughly elating announcement today, the
> chicago imc was bestowed 1.5 hours of air time per month on a north side
> (.5 hours) and south side (1 hour) radio station!  One of our supporting
> orgs. had other priorities and couldn't use the time.  You should have
> seen the joy at our meeting today when this was announced.  Complete
> euphoria.
>
> We've got all the technical skills we need to produce these shows, but we
> need to develop a format and would like to talk with champaign about your
> show.  We're having a meeting to discuss planning on Sat. March 3 and
> would love to have anyone involved with your radio project present for
> input.  I can personally offer free accommodations (couch) and 1 meal a
> day to 2 people wishing to make the trip up for the weekend.

This kind of note really makes you appreciate how awesome it is that
we get 8-12 hours (depending on how you count) per month on
WEFT. These folks have to struggle for 1.5 hours a month!

IMSA 1995 - UIUC 2000 - Just Another Leftist Muppet
Ya Basta! - http://www.greens.org