[Imc-newsroom] update web front page

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 23 19:03:55 CST 2001

Danielle,
I believe the four of you that have built the site are all
well-qualified to handle the task of editing the center of the page.
Plus you all have my full trust to do so.

I would still suggest that some sort of process be set up so people are
clear about how to go about submitting stories to go there. This might
be where some of the discussion of criteria might be useful as a guide
in this process. There should also be some thought given to the process
of replacing anyone who wishes to move on from doing this, so that
people have faith in the process involved in choosing what goes in the
center.

With this being our most public face, I think this is one area where we
need to consider the wider goals and desires of the group carefully in
the decision making process of what goes there. Paul's comments about
having this process defined at some point are well-taken to avoid
controversy and hurt feelings.
Mike