[Imc-newsroom] phone interviews

Brian Hagy bhagy at onthejob.net
Thu Jul 19 15:04:06 CDT 2001

currently, the procedure for reserving the telephone and recorder is to
put up a note near or on sergei (the computer) or the phone (the phone)
with info such as what day and what time period you'll need the room,
phone, recorder, etc.  so far, it hasn't been a problem since people are
flexible with the room (if there's work on the computer, it seems that
people are willing to take a break so that the phone recording can
happen).  the problems arise with the other equipment, such as the
mini-discs and such.  checking out that equipment, right now, there's a
piece of paper on the black cabinet.  fill it out with your name, all the
equipment you're taking, when you're taking it, and when you're bringing
stuff back.  for the most part, this form applies to equipment that you're
taking out of the imc.  for the phone recorder, which i'm assuming you're
going to use at the imc, posting a notice somewhere near the phone or the
sergei computer will suffice (it has worked well in the past, so far, at
least).  sorry if this is confusing.  it kinda follows suit with how the
production room works currently, perhaps to be solved soon!

brian