[Imc-newsroom] help for 7/30 radio show

Sarah Kanouse skanouse at eudoramail.com
Mon Jul 23 11:12:21 CDT 2001

Volunteers are needed for help for the 7/30 radio show.  The topic is current issues in Brazil, and the show will feature interviews with many different people talking about such issues as the police violence, independent media, poverty/favelas, the energy crisis, and economic development.  I need help in the following areas:

research (find statistics on poverty and displacement, forecasts on globalization's impact, background on the energy crisis--work alone or with others)

compiling headlines--both about events in Brazil and locally/internationally this week (look into the G8 solidarity protests put on by the MST)

translation--There is about 1 hour of tape in Portuguese.  If you speak portuguese or know wnyone who does, please let me know.

That's it for now.  Thanks for any help you can give.

--Sarah