[Imc-newsroom] Energy Fair!!

Molly Stentz molly at onthejob.net
Thu Jun 14 10:05:17 CDT 2001

The Energy Fair is coming up soon! Finally, a weekend of relief amidst the
news monopolies of the BushEnergyPlan and CaliforniaEnergyCrisis...

If you have ever been interested in renewable (non-oil, coal, nuclear,
etc) energy or would like to learn, I'd urge you to come up with us!

A group is leaving for Amherst, WI Thursday, June 21 (a week from today)
and returning Monday, June 25. Right now, this includes me, Bryan C, and
some other people I've talked to from UIUC. We will be camping in lovely
central Wisconsin at the fairgrounds, and there are also other options
in the area for the a/c-inclined.

I will be recording the workshops and interviewing speakers and fair-goers
for an IMC News Hour feature on Renewable Energy. I would love another
person to help out with this, if anyone at the IMC has considered going!

Also, If you have a TENT, please let me know! Especially if it is big and
can fit several people.

I've heard interest from various people and heard rumors that others may
be going too. If you WANT to go, call me ASAP so we can carpool! If you
have a multi-passenger vehicle, please let me know if I can swap my truck
with you for the long weekend so we don't have to arrive in style with
several gas-guzzling internal combustion machines. (I can tell you- it
won't win you any friends at this event!)

-Molly

344-0183 home
384-0830 work