[Imc-newsroom] Media Articles Wanted for U-C IMC Newspaper

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 22 13:11:02 CDT 2001

Know a thing or two about media? This is your opportunity!
The U-C IMC Newspaper Project is looking for articles on media, with a
focus on local media, for the debut June edition of our newspaper.

To get started, here are two suggested article topics:

-Map of Champaign-Urbana Media Ownership
Research and expose the dwindling number of owners behind
the media outlets of C-U. Bring to light the conflicts
of interest, and the startling lack of real diversity.

-Low Power FM Radio
Why isn't there going to be new alternative and community
radio stations in C-U, even though there were many
applications from groups in the area?

Other story ideas are welcome!

As the U-C IMC Newspaper's Media editor, I will help see your ideas and
article into print.

To help birth a real newspaper alternative in Urbana-Champaign and see your
thoughts, ideas and research into print, please e-mail me at p-riism at uiuc.edu