[Imc-newsroom] FW: Fools to the rescue!

nancy dietrich nancydietrich at juno.com
Thu Mar 15 20:46:27 CST 2001

Todd-
I would be interested in covering this event if you can plan on doing it
during the evening.  If there's anyone else interested in covering this
event as well, just let me know & we can coordinate.

Nancy Dietrich-Rybicki

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001 17:47:44 -0600 toddc <tchatman at students.uiuc.edu>
writes:
> Hi. I was wondering if the IMC would be interested in participating
> in this
> little bit of "performance art." I could provide the $100 and
> scatter it at
> the mall, if you could provide media coverage. If we could get this
> on the
> local evening news that would, of course, be ideal. I've contacted
> AdBusters
> and there are no strings -- it appears to be a win-win way to
> emphasize
> society's greed. The only drawback is that April Fool's Day is a
> Monday, so
> it's hard to guess when we might get a crowd.
>
> Please let me know if you're interested.
>
> Todd Chatman
> Urbana
>
> ----------
> > From: Culture Jammers Network <jammers at adbusters.org>
> > Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 21:20:53 -0800
> > To: Culture Jammers Network <jammers at adbusters.org>
> > Subject: Fools to the rescue!
> >
> > FOOL'S FEST 2001
> >
> > Adbusters wants to help you make $100 quickly and easily through
> the
> > Internet.
> >
> > Here's how: This April Fool's Day, take one hundred dollars worth
> of
> > small bills and scatter them on the trading floor of your nearest
> > stock market or crowded shopping mall. Capture the action live on
> > film, then send us your photographs or video. Once we receive a
> > visual record of your money scramble, WE WILL SEND YOU $100.
> >
> > Let money rain down on the heads of the shell-shocked!
> >
> > For more information, check out http://www.adbusters.org
> >
> > Forward this message to the fools you know and your life will be
> > blessed with nonsense.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.