[Imc-newsroom] IMC Newshour template

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at onthejob.net
Wed May 23 15:34:52 CDT 2001

Well I talked to Peter and PaulK about what went wrong last Monday's show.

PaulK and I came up with a proposal last night that hopefully will avoid a
repeat of Monday.  We created an IMC News Hour template in ACID - a
multi-track audio application.  Each segment of the hour is marked out and
has it's own track.  We compiled a dummy show out of pieces of old shows
plus voiceovers we did last night so as to make a demo for Sunday's
meeting.  It took about 90 minutes to pull in music, MD recordings, do
voiceovers and then paste everything together.  That 90 minutes is on top
of time needed to: select and edit headlines, create focus pieces, edit a
feature which can be farmed out to others and should be complete by
Sunday's news meeting.

Our proposal has two options:

EITHER

1)  A well trained WEFT airshifter produces and airshifts the show,
in which case some pieces can be done live, in-studio such as the intro,
music, headlines, bottom of the hour, and outro.

OR

2) A non WEFT airshifter pre-produces the entire show, cuts it to CD, and
locates a trained airshifter (IMC or non-IMC) to broadcast the hour long
CD on Monday at 6.

The final audio preproduction would happen using the template, Sunday
nights between 4 - 7 during which PaulK has offered to help if the
producer contacts him to arrange for help.

Work for the IMC news Hour will have absolute priority for Sergei all day
Sunday and Monday until 5 PM.

Paul and I will demo the template at Sunday's meeting.

danielle