[Imc-newsroom] Fwd: food irradiation symposium

Molly Stentz molly at lepton.soltec.net
Tue May 29 18:29:18 CDT 2001

Illinois is currently home to 4 irradiation plants, with an additional 2
more proposed for later this year. We are also a test market state for the
introduction of irradiated food in supermarkets. Again, like with GMOs,
there is widespread consumer demand for information, yet the FDA refuses
to label such products or do comprehensive safety testing.
Public Citizen is joining the campaign to stop the construction of these 2
new facilities (all are in Chicago suburbs).

Anyone interested in a story?

-Molly

I'll forward a recent Public Citizen press release in a minute, in
addition to this one about a teach-in coming up.
More info is at Public Citizen website:
http://www.citizen.org/cmep/rad-food/Index%20Fact%20Sheet.htm
including some great fact sheets.