[Imc-newsroom] newshour 9/17

Pauline Bartolone alice_redqueen at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 15 23:19:07 CDT 2001

Here are my thoughts on this monday's newshour:

I am assuming right now that Molly and I are producing for 6-7pm on Mon, not
for 5-6pm.

Brent volunteered to airshift, since he is doing the courier anyway.

I am looking for others to send me headlines(around 200 words)on the
following (any more suggestions?):
    -Status of WB/IMF meetings in the aftermath of last week's events
    -The Bellfolwer dairy farm decision
    -Environmental affects of the WTC collapse (specifically the
release of asbestos...)
    -The dispute about the footage of palestinians celebrating in the
streets, and whether or not it is current
    - Gatherings, memorial services, and vigils that occured this week
    - Any other headlines about this week's events that is not being
reported in the dominant media.

The feature of the program could be the local reaction and media attention
towards this week's attacks-at least 30-40 minutes including:
  -Clips from Tuesday's forum at the IMC
          (personal stories, proposals, groups formed, desires to    stay
connected)
  -Songs/ performances from Friday night's fundraiser
  -Feedback the IMC has recieved this week
        ( message left on answering machine advocating patriotism      based
      on sarah k's letter to the editor)
  -Interview with a local arab-american about his experiences this week
  -An interview with a media critic about this week's local media coverage
(?)

A focus piece could be created about the PAZ conference in Louisville KY two
weeks ago, if needed.

How does this outline look?

-Pauline