[Imc-newsroom] IMC News Hour vs. FSRN

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at onthejob.net
Thu Sep 20 15:42:42 CDT 2001

We have been granted the IMC News Hour Mondays 5-6 PM at WEFT starting
this Monday.

Unfortunately, we will be bumping Free Speech Radio News which used to air
during the first 30 minutes of this slot.

As an listener of, journalist for, and ally of FSRN, this bothers me.

As a person who loves WEFT, I'm also concerned about some (respectfully
submitted) concerns about this bumpage from WEFTies which have been
written to the WEFT-A listserv.

For these reasons, I would like to propose at Sunday's News/Radio meeting
that the IMC commit to airing Monday's FSRN headlines which run 5-7
minutes at the beginning of all IMC NewsHours.

Monday's FSRN will continue to be recorded at WEFT and will be available
in the booth.  We would not have to download it ourselves.

If we choose to go this route, we could have the WEFT programming
committee consider it as a friendly amendment to our proposal at their
Sept 27 meeting.

I invite discussion of this proposal before and during our next meeting.

danielle