[Imc-newsroom] Radio News meeting minutes

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at onthejob.net
Sun Apr 7 14:23:49 CDT 2002

This week's IMC Radio News:

	GEO live interview (Michael Feltes hosts)

	Headlines: (Daniel headlines coordinator)
	AWARE Teach-in - ask AWARE person to summarize
	Colombia Mobilization - Michael
	Ecuadoran Lawsuit - Daniel

Schedule:
4/8	GEO - Michael
4/15	Freedom School - Mark
4/22	SEIU - Avram, DC protests - Michael
4/29	Springfield Protests - Avram, Dan, Michael
5/6	May Day - Orion (gather) - wants a co-producer

Features Archive
- Danielle is building an archive website - probably using librarians site
as template, so that all the features can be in one place - we need to
figure out how to dovetail this effort with the general web site
- next week we'll make a list of shows we've done

Outreach Plan
- We need to make one
- Jennifer, a new journalist, will be joining us next week
- Get public i to publicize our need for journalists
- Shows must announce imc radio news as well as public i and membership
etc - daniel will write a wrap and give to clint and jenny
- Danielle will put the IMC radio News template as a .txt file on the web
and send the address out - we can review it at the next few meetings and
revise

This week's Life in the Bike Lane
- Michael will do
- let's include LITBL in IMC radio news

Story ideas:
- dump & run,
- otto defended a union worker at UI and SEIU didn't even come out to
support her although the case was won
- michael moore @ follenger
- vet school

Call Backs from DC
- 1/2 of show on 22nd will be call backs from DC - (the other half will be
on SEIU story)
- Michael - ground support

Theme Music
- Michael has ideas.  Being the anarchists that we are, we all lept up and
implemented the ideas immediately thus bringing this lovely meeting to a
close.

Danielle Chynoweth

Graphic Design Director * On the Job Consulting, Inc. * www.onthejob.net
Alderperson,  Ward 4 * Urbana City Council * www.city.urbana.il.us