[Imc-newsroom] LITBL Meeting Minutes, 9 Apr 2002

Michael S. Feltes mfeltes at ucimc.org
Tue Apr 9 21:04:18 CDT 2002

LITBL Meeting

Present: Jay, Doug, Michael, Cope (for a time), Orion

Jay: We should have a regular meeting.  Should it be biweekly or monthly?
Avram does audio training on Monday nights.  Jay does audio training on
Tuesday nights.

We need to talk to Orion about what kind of involvement ISEN can have.
What we're trying to do with ISEN is get them to write up things or do
production.

What night would work well for a meeting?

Orion arrives.

Orion:  Laura would be willing to do interviews as a subject.  Lindsay has
done IMC production in the past.  Orion has mentioned it, but not asked
her directly.

Laura's idea: interview certain people 6x a year with the
cities as a way to keep people informed about what the local governments'
doing about urban planning and environmental issues.

action item: make contact with relevant Urbana and Champaign city
officials (MF, with asst. from OW)

Jay: One of the resources we need to use is Radio4all.net.  There's
interview footage out there that may be useful.

Michael: Earthfirst does audio work that we might be able to use.

Jay: There are also synergies between IMC Radio News and LITBL that we
need to use as much as we can.

Jay: Is there a day of the week that works well?  Would it be biweekly or
monthly?

Jay: tends toward monthly, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, 7:00
Orion: Thursday, Sunday
Michael: Thursday,
Doug: Thursday
Avram (pulled into orbit): Thursday

The consensus seems to gravitate toward ~7:00, 1st Thursday of the month.

LITBL for next 4 weeks:
10: Evergreen on Wednesday, Friday and Monday possibly on general state of
recycling in CU
17: Champaign Recycling Decision (Michael, Doug, Jay)
24: Dump and Run (Michael)
1 May: (Cope)

The 17th and 24th shows will flip if we can't turnaround the Tuesday night
Champaign CC meeting into a LITBL for Wed. morning.

TOPICS:

CU Wireless Project
May Day at the U of I
Green St. impact (environmental, social)
6x a year interviews - Libby Tyler, Urbana city staff, Dept. of Resource
Management?
Food co-ops vs. grocery stores
Meat: effects of industrial technique?