[Imc-newsroom] request for coverage - Michael Moore

jbuell at prairienet.org jbuell at prairienet.org
Tue Apr 16 14:19:24 CDT 2002

Hi IMCistas,

The Prairie Greens have been in touch with Michael Moore (his sister
actually), and have his permission to tape Michael Moore's speech tomorrow
night for later noncommercial broadcast, e.g. on WEFT. Would any IMC folks
like to take this on? (The permission may extend to video as well as audio,
and to rebroadcast on community tv and/or via the web, but that'd have to
be clarified.) The talk begins at 7 pm sharp - ticket holders need to be in
the hall by 6:45 according to the tickets. IMC may want to contact the
Illini Union Board to arrange for entry - alternatively, I can check to see
if there may be a spare ticket or two floating around.

By the way, there'll also be another event going on outside the doors of
the talk at Foellinger - up to a dozen of us local Greens and friends will
be gathering signatures on the Estabrook for Congress petition. That'll be
getting started around 5:45.

As some of you will recall from the Nader speech last spring, there's also
another likely story in tomorrow night's event - the hundreds who'll
probably be able to get into the 1600-seat auditorium: nearly all the
tickets were gobbled up by UI I-card holders last week.

Apologies for not getting word to the IMC news crews about Carl's public
announcement of his Congressional run this morning at the IMC, by the way.
I've got a good part of his announcement on audio - can easily enough get
it into a streaming format or an audio cd, if there's interest. His remarks
can also be posted in text form onto the IMC website.

cheers,
Jim