[Imc-newsroom] (no subject)

kevin b heinrich kheinric at students.uiuc.edu
Sun Dec 8 16:05:53 CST 2002

Hello everyone. At the last library group meeting we talked a bit about
the possibility of starting some kind of book discussion group or book
club.
I think this would be a cool and interesting addition to the IMC; we could
pick out good books which represent perspectives marginalized by the
mainstream.

SO... is there any interest out there? Does anyone have ideas for good
books they've always wanted to have an excuse to read? Or can you think
of a great book you want to share with others? Let me hear from you!

And don't worry too much about this being 'work'. The level of commitment
expected of participants will depend on what we all decide, so don't be
intimidated by the prospect of having to read hundreds of pages per
week...
we can make it as intense or as laid back as we want.

[I'll be posting to the main IMC list and to the library list, so you may
get this message twice.]

Thanks.

-Kevin Heinrich