[Imc-newsroom] AT&T charges:

Clint Popetz cpopetz at cpopetz.com
Sun Dec 15 14:26:09 CST 2002

On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 02:17:43PM -0600, Sascha Meinrath wrote:

> actually, i had previously asked the newsgroup to help with the charges.
> and have also asked that someone from that group take responsibility for
> contacting AT&T.  given that a) no one stepped forward to contact AT&T --
> so i've been taking on this added responsibility; b) only one person
> has offered to help defray these costs; and, c) i'm responsible for both
> our phone service and keeping the UCIMC from bankrupting itself.  after
> giving notice to the news group that this was a problem and after
> receiving no constructive solutions that address this problem, only then
> am i taking this step.

I did call AT&T in an attempt to resolve this, but got nowhere.  I
can't personally defray the entire cost, but I'll write a check for a
portion of it.  I have set up my own long distance account with
onesuite.com, which I'll use for phone interviews in the future.

Let me restate that of all the things for which the IMC could be
budgeting, long distance service to conduct phone interviews to
produce news seems like it should be high on the list.  $.02.

			-Clint